Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2001 8:22 AM
Subject: Structural engineering undergraduate looking for ideas

I'm a final year student in D.I.T. in Dublin, Ireland. I'm currently looking for thesis topic.Unfortunately my original idea (post tensioning a beam by applied moments) was turned down. The task of finding an interesting and viable topic is deceptively difficult, I'm limited by the less than generous budget and outdated facilities, therefore i have to think small. The materials i was originally thinking of using were timber,steel or concrete.  Anything i can think of has already been covered over the course of the last 20 years by previous graduates
I would be most appreciative if anyone out there can throw any ideas my way,
Thanking you in advance,
Dave Mc Swiney