Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Anchor bolt design - wood sill on concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Anchor bolt design - wood sill on concrete
- From: Structuralist <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net>
- Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 18:13:35 -0700
I am going nuts - It's been a long time since I manually designed my sill anchors and I remember a section of the code that clearly indicated a method something like 1/2 the value of twice the thickness etc. etc. (so for a 1-1/2" sill you are looking for anchor bolt values for 2-inch and 4-inch members - since twice the 1-1/2 inch member is 3" and between the table values) or something like this. I can not find it in the code. It may be that I am stressed out trying to make a promised deadline, but I've gone brain dead and cant find the paragraph in the code that explains the procedure.
Can someone guide this mentally blinded engineer to the appropriate code section???? I've just wasted the last hour looking back through old codes as well as current codes and am beginning to think that I must have dreamed the whole thing:?)
You will have my eternal gratitude!!!!
Structural Engineering Consultant
760.564.0884 - Phone
208.361.5447 - Efax
- Prev by Subject: Re: Anchor bolt design - wood sill on co
- Next by Subject: RE: Anchor bolt design - wood sill on concrete
- Previous by thread: Re: modelling a building using DRAIN-2DX
- Next by thread: RE: Anchor bolt design - wood sill on concrete