RE: Anchor bolt design - wood sill on co

That was in the NDS.  I only have the 1985 NDS at home and in that edition,
it is section 8.5.8.3.  (Under "Number of Members in a Joint."

However, I think that it has changed in the 97 NDS, but since I don't have
that at hand, I can't verify it.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Michael Bryson wrote:

. > I don't know where in the code it is either, but the method you describe
. > is what I have seen: concrete is treated as a main member with a thickness
. > twice that of the sill plate. My wood handbook gives values that
. > correspond to this.