RE: Vibration problems

Gunnar,

Vibration dampers will not eliminate the cyclic loading of the girders, but
they will limit the vibration into the girders.  A cheaper solution would be
to first try to add mass to the platform.  You are correct in that for a
given forcing function the 2 methods of control are stiffness and mass.
Vibration dampers control the stiffness.  You can add mass any number of
ways.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague