Re: Math Software

I am currently a student as well and I know what you are feeling with the
number of different software packages out there.   The best is Matlab,
perferably with the MASTAN@ attachment.   Matlab is great for doing matirx
math as long as it is numeric in nature, and Mastan is a program that allows
you to use a graphical interface to do structural analysis (1st and 2nd
order elastic, and 1st and 2nd order inelastic).  Again the problem with
these programs is that they only do numeric analysis.   If you want
something that can do symbolic analysis, the best program I know of is
Maple.  It can handle just about anything and the language isn't hard to
learn..

best of luck,

Kevin Clinard