Re: torsion...one more time but with different "twist"

As far as I know the torsion equations you refer to were empirically
developed by the seismology committee.  You could try contacting the current
head of the seismology committee for further information.

The current committee chair is:

Douglas C. Hohbach
Hohbach-Lewin, Inc.
260 Sheridan Ave., Suite 150
Palo Alto, CA 94306
H. (650) 328-9261
O. (650) 617-5930
FAX (650) 617- 5932
dhohbach(--nospam--at)hohbach-lewin.com

I intend to do the same thing regarding the questions I have regarding the
1997 wall anchorage provisions.

Paul Feather