Dual System?

Dear fellows, I need some help with the following two questions.
According to Table 16-N of 97UBC, a dual system can consists of
concrete shear walls and steel SMRF.
Q1. N & S walls -- EBF frames; W wall -- steel SMRF; E wall --
concrete shear wall.  Is this building qualified for a dual system
building? If not, should R = 4.5 be used in both directions when
calculating seismic base shear?
Q2. N & S walls -- EBF frames; W & E walls -- steel SMRF.  If this
building qualified for a dual system building? If not, should R = 7 be
used in the W-E direction and R = 8.5 in the N-S direction? Or just
use R = 7 in both directions?

Kenny Yip
Anvil Corporation
Bellingham, WA