Re: Anchor bolt design - wood sill on co

Hi gentlemen,
I believe where you look for is in the code. This allowance of stress
increase is printed under the 1997 UBC Ch. 23, Div. III, para.24. Sec. 8.3.
Incidentally, mine includes the updated sheets from 1998 Cal. Bldg Code,
wonder if above citing is same as that in UBC.
Hope this helps.
Chris Tse,
Sunnyvale,CA