Fastening details for structural steel joints/connections

This has reference to my earlier query for joint details for bolted
connections for structural steel (sections as per BRITISH STANDARDS).
BS4 and BS4848 give all geometrical details (for sections) except where
the bolt line should be located. (INCIDENTLY INDIAN CODAL HANDBOOK
DEFINES THIS PARAMETER FOR INDIAN SECTIONS AS WELL).

Could I get some guidance on this? Requirement is urgently needed.

Regards,

RP Mehrotra