Re: NEW LRFD MANUAL

The AISC Seismic Provisions are in the process of revision to incorporate
much of the remaining significant SAC material.  It will be a complete
reprint, incorportaing all Supplements.  ETA is February, 2002.

Regards,

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

***************************************

                    Gerard Madden
                    <gmadden@duquett      To:     "'SEAINT(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG'" <SEAINT(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG>
                    e-eng.com>
                    10/03/01 11:14        cc:
                    AM
                    Please respond        Subject:     NEW LRFD MANUAL.
                    to seaint
                                                                                                                  .

I see from AISC website that the new LRFD manual will be shipping on
November 15th (Hooray ! ! !). I also noticed that The Seismic Provisions
are
not included in the manual (at least from the website listing where I did
not see these provisions listed). Is this true? If so, is there a reprinted
version of the 1997 Seismic Provisions that incorporate the corrections
from
supplements 1 & 2? I am trying to explain and demonstrate the design
process
of steel frames to engineers who mostly deal in wood. I would like to give
them one reference pertaining to code design. I find it very bothersome
switching from the yellow book to my print outs of the supplements. I would
rather re-purchase the book that is up to date and toss the other copies.
If
Charlie Carter or someone else @ AISC can clarify, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
-gerard

Gerard Madden, PE
Design Group Manager

Duquette Engineering
10 South Third Street
San Jose, CA 95113
T: 408.494.0944 - ext 102
F: 408.494.0940
E: gmadden(--nospam--at)duquette-eng.com
w: www.duquette-eng.com

the views of the company.