Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG'" <seaint(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG>
- Subject: RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:10:16 -0500
Title: RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL
>I see from AISC website that the new
>LRFD manual will be shipping on
>I also noticed that The Seismic Provisions are
>not included in the manual (at least
>from the website listing where I did
>not see these provisions listed). Is this true?
Yes, the 3rd Edition LRFD Manual will be focused on design for applications with R taken as 3 or less (wind and low-seismic applications). As a result, the Seismic Provisions will not be included in it.
>If so, is there a reprinted
>version of the 1997 Seismic Provisions
>thatincorporate the corrections from
>supplements 1 & 2?
As Rick Drake pointed out, the 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions will be a complete update. We are also making plans to write a seismic manual focused on design for applications with R taken greater than 3 (high-seismic applications) based upon the 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions and other appropriate specifications, codes and standards. I do not have a projected availability date for that one at this time. Will let you know when I do though.
- Prev by Subject: Re: NEW LRFD MANUAL
- Next by Subject: RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL
- Previous by thread: RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL
- Next by thread: RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL