RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL

Title: RE: NEW LRFD MANUAL

>I see from AISC website that the new
>LRFD manual will be shipping on
>November 15th.
>I also noticed that The Seismic Provisions are
>not included in the manual (at least
>from the website listing where I did
>not see these provisions listed). Is this true?

Yes, the 3rd Edition LRFD Manual will be focused on design for applications with R taken as 3 or less (wind and low-seismic applications). As a result, the Seismic Provisions will not be included in it.

>If so, is there a reprinted
>version of the 1997 Seismic Provisions
>thatincorporate the corrections from
>supplements 1 & 2?

As Rick Drake pointed out, the 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions will be a complete update. We are also making plans to write a seismic manual focused on design for applications with R taken greater than 3 (high-seismic applications) based upon the 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions and other appropriate specifications, codes and standards. I do not have a projected availability date for that one at this time. Will let you know when I do though.

Charlie