RE: Structural engineering undergraduate looking for ideas

Harold O. Sprague recommended that I cover the topic of reinforcing a wide flange beam,loading it to failure and comparing the results to that of a beam which was reinforced after applying a proportion of its ultimate load and then failing the beam.

Other people gave different suggestions but this one will be easier to test given the facilities we have.

Regards

Dave Mc Swiney