STAAD joint/member naming conventions

Does anyone use a standard naming convention for joint or member generation?
I'm really tired of seeing member #138 and having to look at a map to see
where member #138 is at. I really wish REI would allow us to use characters
so that member #138 could become column B5.

I've thought of the YYXXn naming for columns and YYXXZZ for members but run
out of space when we have more than 10 column lines or floors.  Apparently,
you can't use seven digit numbers for joints/members.

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

<<application/ms-tnef>>