From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 9:01 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: IBC 2000 Wind Design

Brian Smith wrote:

. > If you combine your out of plane wind loads with the roof live loads you
. > can reduce the two transient loads by 0.75, with no increase in
allowable
. > stresses.

Nobody in his/her right mind will be on a roof in anywhere near 70-80 mph
winds, and even if there had been roofing material on the roof before the
winds reached 70-80 mph, it isn't there now.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona