Re: Elevator Shop Drawings

I consider the elevator as a piece of equipment and will stamp the drawings with a "shop drawing review" type stamp that says I've reviewed the drawings for loads imposed on the building and the building was designed to withstand those loads. The only issues I've encountered with elevators are the rail loads and the foundation load. The rest of the elevator design is the manufacture's responsibility.

Steve Privett

Todd Hill wrote:

They are asking me to certify that the building will hold the elevator,
however where does the building start and the elevator end?