RE: IBC 2000 Wind Design

AISC 7-98

	2.3.2 Load Factor Design

	Formula
	3.	1.2D + 1.6Lr + 0.8W
	4.	1.2D + 1.6W + 0.5L + 0.5(Lr or R or S)

	2.4.1 Allowable Stress Design

	3.	D + W + L + (Lr or R or S)

IBC 2000

	Formula
	16-3		1.2D + 1.6(Lr or S or R) + 0.8(W)
	16-4		1.2D + 1.6W + f1L + 0.5(Lr or R or S)
	16-10		D + W + L + (Lr or R or S)

UBC 97

	Formula
	12-3		1.2D + 1.6(Lr or S) + 0.8W
	12-4		1.2D + 1.3W + f1L + 0.5(Lr or S)
	12-11		D + 0.75[L + (Lr or S) + (W or E/1.4)]

I could not find any notations within the listed codes that say these
combinations are only to be applied to multistory buildings, or that they do
not apply to single story buildings.

Brian