RE: SE Licensing in Washington State, Exam Results

Regis:

I don't have a structural license but I have to agree with the guys who do.
There is some serious whining going on.  The test is not meant to be easy
and it does make people with the license a more valuable asset.

We do not have a structural license in Alaska and I know people doing
structures that took the civil test several times before they passed it who
told me their test strategy was to avoid structural problems because they
are too difficult.  Frankly these would not be the people I would want
designing my kid's school.

Respectfully,

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer