splice spiral stirrups

How are spiral stirrups spliced, in my case, for drilled piers that need to
be coupled under a house? We will be using 160% long. bar mechanical
couplers with no staggers. Section 1921.1 defines hoops and indicate that
continuously wound ties need seismic hooks at each end. Does this mean that
a 135 degree hook is placed around a longitudinal bar and shared/spliced
with the spiral hoop of the next section? That seems somewhat difficult to
do and align the long. bar couplers. Are there provisions to allow a splice
of the spiral stirrup with adjacent sections by just adding a few spiral
wraps at the splice?

Thanks,

Jeff