Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
AASHTO Bridge Rating[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: AASHTO Bridge Rating
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:31:09 EDT
This probably isn't a real helpful answer but what are all those stresses you listed? I have a PCI document based I think on the 1989 AASHTO specs.
RF[in] and RF[op] are calculated based on the moment capacity, the dead load moment and the live load moment.
The moment capacity is calculated from fse (the final effective stress in the strand), however, not fy. When you determine the capacity of a prestressed member you typically use fse for the strand and fy for the reinforcing bar.
- Prev by Subject: RE: A588 Steel.
- Next by Subject: AASHTO LRFD
- Previous by thread: one more thing, was RE: splice spiral stirrups
- Next by thread: RE: How Can Force in "All Thread" be Det