Re: How Can Force in "All Thread" be Determi

Roger,

To Bob's procedure [Extend the rods extra long beyond their cut off
location. Place the nuts
with washers outside the members and between the jack and member. Use a
hollow core hydraulic calibrated jack. Read the pressure. Convert to tension
load.]   I would add: Load jack to desired tension and hold; tighten nut
until the jack load goes to zero -- the nut is now holding the tension in
the all-thread that the jack applied.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA