RE: How Can Force in "All Thread" be Det

Mike,

Thanks, I will have to rethink that.  That is the method that I am using on
simply supported purlins, but I considered that there would be too much
interaction with GLBs having cantilevers, i.e., reducing the positive moment
will cause the cantilever to rotate downward, and reducing the negative
moment will cause the mid-span deflection to increase.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona