Re: How Can Force in "All Thread" be Det

Thanks, Nels.  That's a real simple way to make sure the force is transferred.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Nels Roselund wrote:

. > Roger,

. > To Bob's procedure [Extend the rods extra long beyond their cut off
. > location. Place the nuts
. > with washers outside the members and between the jack and member. Use a
. > hollow core hydraulic calibrated jack. Read the pressure. Convert to
. > tension load.]  I would add: Load jack to desired tension and hold;
. > tighten nut until the jack load goes to zero -- the nut is now holding
. > the tension in the all-thread that the jack applied.

. > Nels Roselund