From: Jeff Smith [mailto:smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 10:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: History of Lumber used in construction

I once got a lot of help from someone at the California Redwood Association
in San Francisco. They had design values for structural redwood. My client
went on to find some old growth redwood that had been in a lumber yard for
years in Fort Bragg. It was rated at 2000 psi bending strength. I used E of
1,400,000. I am not sure if I should post the phone number, it seemed like a
low key association. Email me if you want the number.

Jeff

|~|
|~|
|~|Can anyone please let me know where I can find resources in the
|~|history of
|~|the use of lumber.  Specifically, I would like to know when
|~|redwood members
|~|were used for residential.
|~|
|~|Thanks
|~|
|~|Marlou
|~|
|~|
|~|******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
|~|*   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
|~|*
|~|*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
|~|*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
|~|*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
|~|*
|~|*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
|~|*
|~|*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
|~|*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
|~|*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
|~|*   site at: http://www.seaint.org
|~|