Re: Cq for antennas

Rick:

You are correct, the UBC is not appropriate for designing antenna towers,
but many times the client will insist that this is the code to use.  One
tower that I designed required both codes to be used and to design the
tower for the most severe condition.

Remember also to design for the cable ladder and cables, which means you
have to figure out the diameter of the cables.  If you have a lot of
antennas, then there are lots of cables.

Do I get paid double?

Neil Moore
neil moore and associates

                                       .