RE: How Can Force in "All Thread" be Det

Gil,

You hit on something that did not enter my mind.  I had specified
low-relaxation 1/2" 270K strand.

Could you expound on the relaxation differences between "all thread"
(specified to conform to A36) and low-relaxation strand?

The purpose of the reinforcing is to permit the GLBs to support the existing
concern.

TIA

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Gil Brock wrote:

. > Roger,

. > Have you considered the relaxation properties of the continuously
. > threaded rod  compared to strand and the effect this will have on long
. > term force in the rods?

. > Also, is this being used to reduce deflection only or is the aim to
. > increase the strength as well.