STAAD Pro Member Identification

Mark Jones,Jacobs Engineering asked:

"Does anyone use a standard naming convention for joint or member
generation? I'm
really tired of seeing member #138 and having to look at a map to see
where
member #138 is at. I really wish REI would allow us to use characters so
that
member #138 could become column B5.

I've thought of the YYXXn naming for columns and YYXXZZ for members but
run out
of space when we have more than 10 column lines or floors.  Apparently,
you
can't use seven digit numbers for joints/members."

RAM Structural System names columns by their grid names and a renumbering option renames beams in a logical sequence so they are easy to find.

Frank Hartzell
frank.hartzell(--nospam--at)jacobs.com