RE: How Can Force in "All Thread" be Det

Roger,

I do not have any figures on relaxation for "all thread". The manufacturers may not either, in which case you would have to assume it is like normal reinforcing where, if you are using working stresses greater than 50 - 60% yield then there would be major problems with relaxation.

Another option would be STRESSBAR (Macalloy or Dywidag) but their relaxation properties, while defined, are significantly higher than those for low relaxation strand (about 4% at 70% load according to the Australian codes).

Any of the threaded bar types would have a definite advantage over strand in anchoring at the ends. A simple plate and nuts is much easier than wedges etc.