steel:cement ratio in general construction

I need to work out some overall figures for steel rebar usage linked to
cement consumption. I suppose rule-of-thumb ratios have been worked out
for different types of construction (figures for dams would obviously vary
from those for buildings etc) either directly through statistical
correlation of historical figures for a large number of projects or
indirectly from concrete:cement & steel:concrete figures.Not being a civil
engineer,I will be grateful to list members for any data in a useful form
or maybe someone can direct me to the proper sources/references. Thanks in
advance.
P.C.Chowdhury