Tables in Word

I am regularly writing proposals for new projects and have set up my
template in word 2000. One of the things I would like to accomplish is to
utilize tables in the document to automatically calculate man hours X rate
when presenting detailed design fee estimates. It can do this, but if I
change an item, the calculated value only updates if I select the cell and
use the update field command. Does anyone know of an option in word to have
it automatically update fields in tables?

Thanks,
-gerard

Gerard Madden, PE
Design Group Manager

Duquette Engineering
10 South Third Street
San Jose, CA 95113
T: 408.494.0944 - ext 102
F: 408.494.0940
E: gmadden(--nospam--at)duquette-eng.com
w: www.duquette-eng.com