Re: Tables in Word

One way is to go to Tools, Options, Print and select the Update fields check box.  This will update all the fields automatically before printing but it doesn't update the fields dynamically as you change the source cells.  It's better than updating all the cells individually though.

Jason Emoto

>>> Gerard Madden <gmadden(--nospam--at)duquette-eng.com> 10/11/01 03:08PM >>>
I am regularly writing proposals for new projects and have set up my
template in word 2000. One of the things I would like to accomplish is to
utilize tables in the document to automatically calculate man hours X rate
when presenting detailed design fee estimates. It can do this, but if I
change an item, the calculated value only updates if I select the cell and
use the update field command. Does anyone know of an option in word to have
it automatically update fields in tables?

Thanks,
-gerard

Gerard Madden, PE
Design Group Manager

Duquette Engineering
10 South Third Street
San Jose, CA 95113
T: 408.494.0944 - ext 102
F: 408.494.0940
E: gmadden(--nospam--at)duquette-eng.com
w: www.duquette-eng.com