From: "syed faiz ahmad" <syedfaiz23(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: steel:cement ratio in general construction
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 01:57:19 +0300

Prakash,

For a concrete building of moderate height & size the following has been the
figure for rebar/concrete ratio, from my own experience over a period of
past 10-15 years.

   - SLAB           : 80-100 KG/M3

   - BEAMS          : 100-125 KG/M3

   - COLUMNS        : 200-400 KG/M3

   - SPREAD FOOTINGS : 125-175 KG/M3

For further reading I would refer you to the quantity take-off manuals of
R.S. MEANS. Regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD