RE: Exporting Bill of Materials from Autocad to Excel

Hi:

I'm not an AutoCAD guru either. We did export a table of notes successfully,
but it was a couple of years ago, so I don't remember all the details.

I think we used a lisp called txtexprt.lsp from www.dotsoft.com

It will export a body of text to a .txt file.

It's then not too difficult to import the .txt file into excel, and parse
it.

Here's a warning - if you import a piece of text into Excel that might be
interpreted as a date, or as any other special format (eg fraction), then it
_will_ be, because the default format for the import cells is general. You
can avoid this by setting the offending column as text format as you import
it - but not after...

Peter James