RE: Tables in Word

Gerard,
  You might also try to Insert|Object|Excel Worksheet, it's also the icon
showing a table with the green x next to the Insert Table icon on the
standard toolbar.  This will give you the full power of excel, which is
probably overkill for what you need.  Then again, it won't "cost" you
anything.  I've switched to this for all of my numeric tables because Excel
has much better facilities for dealing with numbers, even in just basic
formatting.  I've never had any problems with this and the file size does
not appear to be significantly different.

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering

> -Gerard Madden [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)duquette-eng.com] wrote:
> I am regularly writing proposals for new projects and have set up my
> template in word 2000. One of the things I would like to
> accomplish is to
> utilize tables in the document to automatically calculate man
> hours X rate
> when presenting detailed design fee estimates. It can do
> this, but if I
> change an item, the calculated value only updates if I select
> the cell and
> use the update field command. Does anyone know of an option
> in word to have
> it automatically update fields in tables?

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.