Re: Reducing required cover of non-prestressed c.i.p. concrete

pat
Section 1908.12.2, UBC 97 page 2-112 , states the following:  " it shall be
permitted to consider all concerete finishes as a part of required cover ot
total thickness for non- sturctural considerations."  This does not wave
the requirement for crack control Z if required.
Hope this helps
Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates