From: Pat Clark [mailto:bcinc(--nospam--at)nanosecond.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2001 3:17 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Reducing required cover of non-prestressed c.i.p. concrete

I have an 8" concrete wall that includes a section with reinforcing that has
encroached to within 3/4" of the form.  Parts of this area are covered with
8" of stone veneer (exposed to wheather), and part is to be covered with
earth (sealed with drainboard applied).  The concrete included the Zypex
(sp?) additive.

My questions are:

Will the protection provided by the veneer allow a reduction in cover?

Will the additive allow a reduction in cover due to extra protection?

Thanks for any comments.

Pat Clark, P.E.