RE: Reducing required cover of non-prest

Before applying any liquid waterproofing compound or including any admixture
that is touted to provide water resistance, check its chemical composition
carefully to make sure that it is not essentially calcium chloride.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Pat Clark wrote:

. > I have an 8" concrete wall that includes a section with reinforcing that
. > has encroached to within 3/4" of the form.  Parts of this area are
. > covered with 8" of stone veneer (exposed to wheather), and part is to be
. > covered with earth (sealed with drainboard applied). The concrete
. > included the Zypex (sp?) additive.