Re: Australian PE Registration

Drew,

To follow on from Gil's comments re IEAust and registration of engineers,
you can go to:

http://www.nper.isa.net.au/

and search for the individuals name. This the Professional Engineers Search
Facility of the National Professional Engineers Register of Australia.

BUT, as Gil said, not all are members (self included) are members, and you
will have to check State and Local/Districts too.

If the engineer is in the State of Queens land, Australia, you can try a
search at:

http://www.bpeq.qld.gov.au/

otherwise, i cannot help in any other State.

Regards,

Mark Geoghegan BE (Hons.-Structural)

S T R U C T U R A L   T E C H - V S L
            GUAM  -  HAWAII
        www.structural-tech.com

At 04:14 PM 14/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>Colleagues,
>>
>>I have been told that someone has told several of the occupants of a
damaged
>>building that it is in his professional opinion safe for continued
occupancy
>>during evaluation and repair.   I'm not sure he's right (I'm not sure he's
>>wrong either, but that's another story).  I have provided some advice to a
>>concened party, and am now asked to comment on this other person's
>>statements.  Issues are complex, but the reason I'm posting is that I am
>>trying to find out if the guy is qualified.
>>
>>I have not met this fellow, but he has apparently represented himself to a
>>number of people as a Civil Engineer.  I have been given his name, and a
>>check of the California Board's web site indicates that he is not licensed
>>to practice engineering in California, where he and the building are
>>located.  Someone has suggested that he may be licensed in Australia.
Does
>>anyone know of any easy way to check (i.e., an on-line roster of
Australian