Need help with thesis

I would think the people who know the most about this
partial-moment-fixity-connection thing (technical
term) might be the people who design truss plate
connectors.  They must have some research behind all
those plates (I hope), involving local deformation of
the wood and plates.  Try getting ahold of the Truss
Plate Institute.