Re: Need help with thesis

Ken:

For a state of the art book on timber connections you may wish to check out:

Behaviour of Timber Connections
by Borg Madsen

Published by:
Timber Engineering Ltd.
575 Alpine Court,
North Vancouver, BC
Canada
V7R 2L5

Phone: (604) 987-3430

Prof. Madsen is now retired but did a lot of work in timber engineering over
the years including developmental work on the "glulam rivet". He was also
involved in the "in grade" test program for timber which tested in grade,
full size specimens rather than small clear specimens and resulted in
significant changes to allowable stresses in timber at least up here in
Canada and I believe in the NDS as well.

This book is kind of quirky but covers quite a few interesting and
innovative subjects including European connection design, moment connections
using glued in dowel pins, shear lag effects in bolted connections etc.,
etc.

Hope this helps,
John MacLean, P.Eng.