From: Zachary Goswick <ZachG(--nospam--at)angusyoung.com>
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org' <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 12:45 PM
Subject: Plywood Roof Diaphragm Connections

I have a question regarding plywood roof diaphragms.  I have a wood truss roof that has a 4'-0" overhang around the sides of the building.  At the location of the wall, the truss depth is about 2'-0".  What methods are used to transfer the load from a roof diaphragm down to the shearwall when wood truss roofs with deep heel depths are used?  I have fully blocked from bearing plate up to the top of the trusses and put 3" holes in the blocking in the past, but I am looking for other options.  Has anybody used tension bridging such as the Simpson strong tie LTB or TB to transfer this load?

Zachary Goswick