MCE Acceleration

Rajendran,

I know that there is a USGS site where you can input the latitude/longitude,
or zip code, or city, and get the spectral accelerations, but in a situation
where the spectral acceleration contours are close together, I would ask in
my mind, "How in God's green acre can anybody predict such an unpredictable
event with such precision?" and then I would proceed in a manner that I would
be comfortable with.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Padmanabhan Rajendran wrote:

. > ASCE 7-98 has MCE spectral acceleration contours for
. > the short period and the 1.0 sec period. However,
. > these maps do not show any cities which can be used as
. > reference. I am designing some structures in some
. > areas located on the eastern half of MO. The contours
. > are pretty close in that region and I need to locate
. > the area under consideration fairly accurately. I did
. > some internet search for Latitude/Longitude lookup
. > tables, but did not meet with much success. At this
. > time I am looking for locating Rolla, Weldon Springs
. > in MO. Any indicators for solving my problem?  Thanks.

. > Rajendran