Min area reinforcement in walls

I am designing a hotel using reinforced concrete cast insitu walls and floors. The building is four storeys high and walls are 12 foot on centres with cross walls 20ft on centres so that the building is very rigid in both directions. The walls act in pure compression and are 6" th..According to BS 8110, the min area of rein in a reinforced wall is 0.4% Ac. However I interpret that to apply to doubly reinforced walls. For a singly reinforced wall is there an standard for a lower percentage of minimum reinforcement. I am using a single layer of pre-welded reinforcing mesh.

Thank You
Mark Francois