RE: Plywood Roof Diaphragm Connections

I agree with the comments regarding cross grain bending on plated trusses.
Don't rely on it, even though I have seen houses and even small commercial
buildings done that way.

It might be worth your while to talk to an engineer from Simpson and one
from a truss manufacturer. I am sure that they will tell you the same
thing. I believe at some time in the past, I discussed this with them also
and both advised that their products are not designed to transfer this type
of load.

Jim K.