RE: Flat Bottom Tank Anchorage

>The unit shear stress in the bottom tank ring is not
>uniform along the entire ring, it's at maximum where it's 90 degrees from
>the the direction of the load, and minimum at where it's in line with the
>direction of the lateral load.
How did you determine this distribution? Manual analysis really isn't
sufficient for this because the system is statically indeterminate. The
usual practice for bolted connections is to assume the transverse shear
heavily loaded fastener will cause subsequent increasing shears to be
carried by the other bolts.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw