RE: Swimming Pool Enclosures - Timber vs. Steel

I don't think I would use untreated wood because of the chlorine.  Most of
the enclosed pools I have seen use concrete.  I suspect this is because of
the chlorine but that is just a guess.  I've seen some "inexpensive" ones
with bar joists and metal deck for a roof.  They all looked like they were
rusted-out and ready to collapse.  In any case, I would definitely find a
chlorine-proof coating.  Maybe poly-urethane? Does anyone know if it reacts
with chlorine?

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.