RE: ACI 318 - request for comments for improvements

I have heard that ACI will be adopting the "Unified Design Provisions" in
Appendix B of 318 to replace the current main body of ACI 318. This means
you will now have to calculate strains to determine your phi factors! This
seems way too complicated to me. I hope this is dropped.

However, I think adopting "Appendix C - Alternative Load and Strength
Reduction Factors" to replace the main body of the code is a good idea.
Adopting the ASCE load factors like every other code does is a step towards
simplification. I hope this is done!