RE: ACI 318 - request for comments for improvements

Michael:

The current outlook is that Appendix B and C will be moved to the main
body of the code and their counter parts that are in the current (1999)
main body of the code will be moved to Appendix B and C.  This was
reflected in the proposed changes that were available for public comment
on the ACI web page.  The public comment period has closed.  At this
point, I am not sure if the committee received any comments about either
Appendix B or C.  More than likely most comments will be directed at the
elimination of the current Appendix A (working stress design) or the new
Appendix D (anchorage to concrete).  The committee will be discussing the
public comments shortly and preparing the responses.  If you are a member
of ACI, then keep your eye open for the closure/responses in Concrete
International.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI