Re: RESIDENTIAL: Rafters Not Meeting At Ridge Plate -- Staggered Spacing

I haven't read the other replies, but I'll throw in my $.02 worth.

I recently looked at an old house with staggered 2x4 rafters and a 1x4 ridge
member.  The ridge member looked like a sin wave except where it had split
and failed.  This is not a snow area, which is why 2x4s were commonly used
for rafters.  It didn't work!

Rallph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA