Re: Swimming Pool Enclosures - Timber vs. Steel

Guess I was lucky!  A year--fast little buggers.

In a message dated 10/20/01 2:03:59 AM, tehammond(--nospam--at)prodigy.net writes:

<< The Cordova, AK collapsed about a year after it was built as I recall.  It

was untreated wood and the ventilation system was supposed to keep the

moisture content under control regarding dry rot.  Someone forgot to tell

the maintenance man that he shouldn't turn the system off when it wasn't

functioning properly.  Since that, I have recommended pressure treatment for

wood framing in pools.  The Juneau municipal pool survived a long time

without dryrotting, but I was lucky that the ventilation system didn't

malfunction ove rthe many years it was in operation.

Tom Hammond