Re: ASTM A 514

>ASTM A514. Plate damaged in need of renewal the part of crane but not
>available our end. We do not have the ASTM books as no demand our end.
>Anybody could give us the basic characteristics of ASTM A514 enabling us
>to check similar materials.
ASTM A-514 is a quenched and tempered high strength steel with a yield
point of about 110 ksi. It comes in various grades, and is weldable but
only by someone who knows his stuff. Really, _really_ knows his stuff.
You would do very well not to try patching this yourself. If you start
welding just any old thing in there you're likely to end up with a bigger
mess than you have now.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw